“Who does not love to go on a camping trip during the summertime? Maybe you have already made plans to take your RV for a long countryside road trip. But what is your plan to cover the electricity need during your trip? Bringing the noisy diesel generator like you used to do?”
Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid Portable Foldable 2Pcs 50W Solar Panel Suitcase Built-in Kickstand with Waterproof 20A Charger Controller
What if we try something new, like solar panels? Well, I know you must be skeptical about that decision because you have no idea how that works. Let me convince you to go green with Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase.
You can find lots of details about this portable, versatile solar panel by following my article about it. I’m pretty sure at the end, you will tell yourself, “man, I should get one of these for my camping trip.” Let’s look straight into the specifications.
How Many Watts Can You Get with a Foldable Solar Panel?
The amount of power you can extract from this solar panel is the most valuable information for you at this point. I know the feeling. If you are thinking about replacing diesel generators or RVs power, the alternative source should be reliable.
- Ideal output – 500Wh
Under ideal conditions, you can extract 500Wh through this solar panel. I think that is more than enough for a camping trip. But you must have heard about the issue with solar panels. They can not produce the max capacity all the time.
It depends on the availability of sunlight. So even on a perfect sunny day, to extract the maximum available energy, you will have to move around the solar panels.
Portable Solar Panels Better Than the Diesel Generator?
No doubt solar panels are standing ahead on many fronts compared to a diesel generator. But it falls behind in reliability. Solar panels need regular sunlight to produce the expected amount of power.
But if you consider the advantages of solar panels,
- Compact design compared to generators.
- The solar panel does not need fuel.
- No need to carry fuel.
- No fuel cost.
- No annoying noises when operating.
- Do not produce any gases.
- Do not need any maintenance.
So if you try to balance the reliability against all these advantages, I think we know who is the clear winner is. Besides that, you are going on a camping trip during the summer. There will be no lack of sun to make power.
What is the Size of This Solar Panel?
Folded Dimensions – 19.9 x 27.2 x 2.8 inches
This solar panel’s size is not a problem at all. If you compare all the other alternative methods available, this is the smallest in size.
Can You Carry The Solar Panel into the Woods?
We know these paths are not the easiest to cross with too much equipment and luggage. So you must be wondering whether you can carry this solar panel on that journey or not?
First, what is the weight of the Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase?
Weight – 26.6 lbs (12kg)
This is not a worry-worthy weight for a camper. As the weight is out of the question, we will look at the way to carry it. Did you notice the suitcase part in this solar panel’s name?
Yes, that means you will not need a separate bag or anything to carry it. You can hang it around your hand like a suitcase.
How to Stand These Solar Panels?
You will receive an adjustable corrosion-resistant aluminum stand with this solar suitcase. Using this stand, you can stand the solar panel always facing the direction of the sun.
Do You Get a Charge Controller with the Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase?
This is where many portable solar panels fail, in my opinion. They charge very high costs for charger controllers, which are sold separately from the solar panel. But Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase does not repeat its competitors’ mistake.
You will get the Renogy 20a VOY Charge Controller along with the solar suitcase. Believe me, this is a must when you are buying a portable solar panel.
What Does the Charge Controller Do?
As the name suggests, this device has the power to regulate the charging process of solar panels. As you know, there are different kinds of batteries today. All those batteries have different power inputs to charge up properly. Charge Control helps with this.
What are the Compatible Battery Types with Solar Panel?
There are different battery types. So it’s better to know your solar panel’s compatibility with them before purchasing one. Let’s look at all the compatible battery types.
- Gel Batteries
- Sealed Batteries
- Lithium Batteries
- Flooded Batteries
When you have the charge controller, all these battery types are compatible with the solar suitcase.
Does the Charge Controller Provide Over Charge Protection?
Electric devices are sensitive to the amount of power given to them. If you provide too much, they can burn. When you connect all the devices through the charge controller, it will provide enough protection to all those devices.
Besides that charge controller provides safety from fire as well.
Other Feature Provided By Charge Controller
- 12V/ 24V Battery compatibility with auto-recognition
- Smart 4 stage PWM charge Controller: Bulk, Absorption, Float, and equalization.
- Watertight design with backlit LCD display for system information and error codes
- Reverse polarity protection
What are the Things You Can Find in the Package?
- Composed with two 50 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panels.
- The low-voltage system avoids electrical shock hazards.
- Adjustable, corrosion-resistant aluminum stand.
- Heavy-duty handle and latches for longevity protective casing.
- Smart 4 stage PWM charge Controller
- MC4 to Alligator Clips with Fuse
- Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase Manual
If you read up to now, I’m sure that you are getting ready to buy Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase for yourself. Well, if there is the sun, I think you will not have to think about any other power source ever again during your camping trips.
Read More Our Review:
- Why Buy Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit?
- Why You Need Jackery Solar Saga 100W Portable Solar Panel?
- Why You Need A HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel?
- Why Should You Bring the BigBlue 100W Portable Solar Panels Kit for Your Outdoor Trip?
- Review of The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 1000
- How Compatible And Durable Are The Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panels?
- How Does Hilucky Outdoor Portable Power Bank(hi-s024) Work?
- What is the Best Renogy Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel You Can Buy?
- Why You Need A ROCKPALS SP002 Foldable 60W Solar Panel Charger?