“The Jackery SolarSaga 100W portable solar panel is a highly durable solar panel that comes from Jackery, a company founded in Silicon Valley as far back as 2012. The company has state-of-the-art R&D technology as well as manufacturing expertise to back it up.”
Since its inception, the company first launched the very first Lithium Portable Power Station in 2015. The Lithium Portable Power Station became such a huge hit that the company has remained the favorite of many since then.
The company that leads in the portable power sphere is dedicated and has specialized in providing nothing but the best in terms of outdoor green power solutions for lovers of nature and explorers.
FEATURES OF THE JACKERY SOLARSAGA 100W PORTABLE SOLAR PANEL
The Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable solar panel is made up of materials that are designed to make it durable and last for a really long time. Contained on the surface of the solar panel is the EFTE material that ensures durability. That is not all the EFTE material does though; it also ensures that the solar panel has a higher transmittance than other portable solar panels.
Higher transmittance does not have to equal heavy. For the Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable solar panel, it is quite the opposite, really. The highly durable EFTE material also ensures that the portable solar panel is much lighter and easier to carry around with you in the outdoors.
The Jackery SolarSaga has two USB outputs that can easily power 2 USB outdoor devices. These outputs are 1*USB-A Output and 1*USB-C Output. The convenient bracket of the SolarSaga 100W makes it a lot easier to store and does not take up a lot of space or inconvenience you when not in use.
The specifications of the Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable solar panel include the following:
- A peak power of 100 W
- The cell efficiency equivalent to 23%
- A power voltage of 18V
- A 5.55A power current
- The Open Circuit Voltage is 21.6V
- The Short Circuit Current is 6A
- It has 2 USB Outlets, 1*USB-A (5V, 2.4A), 1*USB-C (5V, 3A). It is important to note that the USB-C cannot support PD charging.
- The portable solar panel has an operating temperature range of 14°F ̴ 149°F.
The important things to note include the following:
- The solar panel is not compatible with Explorer440/PowerPro.
- The solar panel is not waterproof so be careful with it around water bodies and rain.
- The Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable solar panel comes with one SolarSaga 100 and one user manual.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why the solar cannot produce 100W power when charging to Jackery power station?
It is well known that there are several factors that affect the solar panels. These factors include but are not limited to the intensity of the sunlight available and the angle with which the solar panel is placed on the ground.
During the production of the Jackery SolarSaga 100W portable solar panel, the myriad of testing done took place in an ideal laboratory. That means that all the factors were tightly controlled.
That is not always the case in real life, though. The intensity of light is constantly in flux and the angle of the light illuminating the solar panel is not fixed. It is constantly shifting with the rotation of the sun.
To refute your guess, why don’t you try placing your solar panel under the full glare of the sunlight and see that your worries are unfounded? Be sure that there is no shadow cast on the panel.
Is the solar panel waterproof?
The SolarSaga 100W is not waterproof and will not function maximally if wet. To avoid that as well as maximize the lifespan of the module, be sure to avoid water coming in contact with the solar panel.
How to clean the solar panel surface?
The surface of the solar panel can be cleaned with the use of a soft cloth. Gently rubbing over the surface gets rid of the dust and dirt that could have settled on the surface. To clean the surface of the solar module, make use of a damp cloth.
This ensures you actually catch all the hidden dust and dirt. Be sure to get rid of any guano or other adhesives from the solar surface as soon as possible to avoid reduced performance. All of these points are also present in the user manual for easy remembrance.
Everything about the Jackery SolarSaga 100W Portable solar panel is created for your comfort and ease. It affords you the opportunity to remain connected with your devices even as you enjoy nature and the outdoors.
It also ensures that this is done in an environmentally friendly manner. With the 4.4 stars out of 5 in terms of value for money and a warranty, you can be sure you are getting exactly what you ordered.
Read More Our Review:
- Why Buy Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit?
- Why You Need Jackery Solar Saga 100W Portable Solar Panel?
- Why You Need A HQST 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Panel?
- Why Should You Bring the BigBlue 100W Portable Solar Panels Kit for Your Outdoor Trip?
- Review of The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 1000
- How Compatible And Durable Are The Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panels?
- How Does Hilucky Outdoor Portable Power Bank(hi-s024) Work?
- What is the Best Renogy Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel You Can Buy?
- Why You Need A ROCKPALS SP002 Foldable 60W Solar Panel Charger?